- to teach students to speak about environment and its problems
- to practice learning, speaking, to memorize and retain in memory the language material which they have learnt
- to develop the pupils’ intellect
- to bring up the pupils to be healthy, wealthy and to love the nature
1. Greetings. Rhyme:
Don’t kill the world!
Don’t let the earth die!
Help her to survive
Let the trees grow high!
2. Warm - up.
- Where do we live?
We live in the Earth.
- What is the Earth?
- P1: The Earth is a planet.
- P2: The earth is our home. Earth is a place for people, for animals, for plants, for birds.
- P3: We love the earth as a newborn baby loves mother’s heartbeat.
- What must we do in order to live a long and happy life there?
- P1: We want peace in the world.
- P2: we work and educate.
- P3: We live with our family.
- P4: We like everything around us. We are happy.
Teacher: Everyman is to be happy and live a long and healthy life, to bring up children, to enjoy the beauty of nature. But!... If there is living, so there will be some problems. The great problem of the world is ecology.
- What is ecology?
- The ecology is a relation between the human and nature.
- According to the Oxford Dictionary ecology is the relation of plants and living creatures to each other and to their environment.
- What ecological problems do you know?
- Air pollution, land pollution, water pollution, litter, dirty and smoke from cars, unhealthy problem, traffic, chemical waste, biological tests, and etc.
These ecological problems are around us and they are common problems, of course. But there is the simplest problem which everybody of knows, sometimes we don’t pay attention to it, it is litter problem. Every city has litter problem, so Uralsk has such problem too.
We live in Uralsk. We love our city. But we can not look around a bit of time, what is happening in surroundings, in what condition we are living now.
Today we are going to discuss about litter problem.
Activity I. Pay attention to some words:
Bin – мусорный ящик
Litter bin = garbage can – мусорный ящик
Litterbug – человек, который бросает мусор
Fine – штраф
to pour – лить (ся)
view – вид
punish - наказывать
throw – бросать
jail – тюрьма
ugly – безобразный
law – закон
fence – изгородь
Activity II. Pay attention to Language definitions:
British English ---- American English
Litter --------------- trash
Rubbish ----------- garbage
Litter bin ---------- garbage can
Activity III. Litter is a problem in our cities
The word environment means simply what is around us. Some people live in a town environment; for others, their environment is the countryside. Nowadays people understand how important it is to solve the environment problems that endanger people’s lives. The most serious environmental problems are:
• Pollution in its many forms (water pollution, air pollution, nuclear pollution)
• Noise from cars, buses, planes, etc.
• Destruction of wildlife and countryside beauty
• Shortage of natural resources (metals, different kinds of fuel)
• The growth of population
Litter is garbage – like food, paper and cans – on the ground or in the street. Where many people live together, litter is a problem. People don’t always out their garbage in the garbage can. It’s easier to drop a paper than to find a garbage can for it. But litter is ugly. It makes the city look dirty, and it spoils the view.
The wind blows paper far away. Often they are difficult to catch. When they blow against a fence, they stay here. This fence is a wall of garbage.
Litter is a health problem, too. Food and garbage bring animals, which sometimes carry disease.
Some people want to control litter. They never throw litter themselves, and sometimes they work together in groups to clean up the city. In most places litter is against the law. The law punishes people who throw garbage on the streets. They usually pay a fine, and occasionally they go to jail.
Two famous sayings in the United States are: “Don’t be a litter bug!” and “Every litter bit hurts!”
Activity IV. Match the words with their definitions: (Соответствуйте словам с их определениями:)
1. litter ---- a) to manage or to stop
2. fence ---- b) a garbage on the ground or in the street
3. jail ---- c) a special can for garbage
4. garbage can ----- d) everything that a person can see
5. view ----- c) a wall that separates two places
6. fine ----- f) a number of people
7. litterbug ----- q) money people pay as punishment
8. disease ---- h) a place where people stay as punishment
9. control ---- i) a person who throws litter
10. group ---- j) sickness
Activity Y. Complete the sentences using the Real Conditionals:
1. If pollution (increase), nature (die).
2. If the factories (not stop pollute) the air or water, there (be) much harmful things around us.
3. The litter bins in the streets were filled during 3 - 4 days. If every family (have) its own litter machine, there (not be) so many wastes everywhere.
4. There are many different foreign companies working in our region. If they (not work) here, we (not to able) give jobs for people.
5. If we (protect) the Earth we (keep) it for our generations.
6. I’m not a Minister of Ecology and Environment protection. If I (be) a Minister, I (control) that there were not any litterbugs.
Activity YI. Training.
1 - group “Public”
- What is happening around us?
- What should you do to keep our environment clean?
2 – group: “Government”
Actions: We should …
We must …
You shouldn’t …
Every groups express their opinions. They may draw or write notes and etc.
Teacher: Today we have said about environmental problems, especially about our town problems. In future we hope that we don’t be litterbugs, we will keep our town clean. Earth is our home. We must take care of it for ourselves and for our generations.
Our city is beautiful.
Don’t be a litterbugs!
Let’s live in happy life in the clean world!
6. The pupils made their opinion about the lesson.
7. Home work
Назар аударыңыз! Жасырын мәтінді көру үшін сізге сайтқа тіркелу қажет.